- about meaning: She works AS a doctor (she's a doctor) while she works like a doctor (she isn't a doctor but similar)
- about grammar: LIKE goes with a noun or pronoun;
martes, 9 de abril de 2013
Used to is a verbal form to speak about something you did in the past but you don't do it any longer. Here you have some links to help you:
- an explanation with exercises at the end; click here
- a shorter version; click this
- another one but they introduce would with this meanining; click here
- last exercise
The most important thing is to use it while speaking because it's quite easy when you use it in texts.
Writing: here you are an exa mple of an email with some tips or this one and this example Listening: again go to this link to practise...
As the own name indicates, these clauses are used to express the purpose, why the action is done. I went to the market to buy some fruit ...
Reported speech is when you explain what other people say so there are some typical changes, related to pronouns, verbs and time/place refer...
I found this information about Halloween, which is on the 31st of October. I hope you'll enjoy these links: this is a video about the...